About Me

My photo
Manchester, Lancashire, United Kingdom
I am currently studying Advertising and Brand Management at Staffordshire University - and love it! I am graduating June 2010 - nearly time to wiggle out of my University cocoon!

Thursday 12 November 2009

Christmas truly isn't christmas without M&S...

I LOVE CHRISTMAS! It is by far my most eagerly awaited time of the year (obviously nothing to do with the fact that my birthday is 33 days before!) and christmas just isn't festive enough without the good olde M&S adverts being flung in our faces!!

Well, contain your excitement as they are almost here... created by RKCR Y&R, they showcase a good handful of Celebs doing very christmasy things!!

Check it out: http://www.campaignlive.co.uk/thework/news/965561/M-S-wouldnt-christmas-without-RKCR-Y-R/

We see the very intellectual Stephen Fry, the comedy duo of Jennifer Saunders and Joanna Lumley, James Nesbitt with his adorable scottish twang, obviously the M&S favourite Twiggy, and the legendary duo that is Wallace and Gromit!! Cracking line up! I am in awe of it already and its still a mere 43 days until the big day! The theme of the advert is witty and very relatable, as each celebrity shares with the audience a memory they have of christmas, and the presents or food they would like, and understandably this can be found all under one roof...

The twinkly music really does set the scene, and i have to admit, when i first saw it my scrooge attitude to christmas (created solely by the ridiculously early and highly irritating DFS ads!) went straight out the window and my festive butterflies excited my tummy!!!

Merry christmas everyone!

Because, lets be honest, christmas wouldn't be christmas without our M&S!

T.H.G x.x.x

No comments:

Post a Comment