About Me

My photo
Manchester, Lancashire, United Kingdom
I am currently studying Advertising and Brand Management at Staffordshire University - and love it! I am graduating June 2010 - nearly time to wiggle out of my University cocoon!

Friday 27 November 2009

That's coming along swimming-ly!

As i was doing some research for a re-branding module i am currently doing in University, i came across this new logo for the North Devon resort Ilfracombe. As you can see below the new logo has caused a stir in the town, with people likening the swirl on top of the 'I' to that of a sperm cell. The Town Council, whom dished out £5,000 to Bread Marketing for the redesign, are assuring locals that it was merely meant to represent a dolphin or a fish. However this hasn't changed the opinions of the locals who see it as a laughing stock!

The live brief I am working on at the moment, is to redesign the Staffordshire Moorlands town of Leek, however i don't think the Leek locals would go for such a drastic change as they have in Ilfracombe!

Ooooh and incase you were unaware, it's only 4 weeks today until the big day!!! Let the festivities begin!

T.H.G x.x.x

No comments:

Post a Comment